Wednesday 7 August 2013

(Healthyish) Banana Bread - Recipe

As you can probably tell now, not only do I love eating, I love baking too. But since it is summer and I'm wearing shorts all day, I try to tweak every recipe to make it just a tiny bit healthier. For this banana bread, it wasn't too hard since obviously the main ingredient is bananas. These turned out better and more moist than I expected so I encourage you to try it out as an semi-healthy dessert or treat! :D
Happy Baking!




Banana Bread:
4 bananas (ripe)
3 tablespoons butter (melted)
3 tablespoons applesauce
1 egg (slightly beaten)
1/4 - 1/2 cups brown sugar (I used approximately 1/4 cup)
1 cup flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)

PREHEAT OVEN TO 350F. LINE LOAF PAN(S) WITH PARCHMENT PAPER OR SPRAY/BUTTER
1) Mash bananas. Then stir in butter, applesauce, egg and brown sugar.
2) In a separate bowl, mix together flours, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon.
3) Combine both wet and dry ingredients, DO NOT OVERMIX!
4) Add chocolate chips if desired and stir (or do what I did and pour 1/2 the batter into a loaf pan then mix chocolate chips into the second half of the batter and pour into second loaf pan)
5) Put loaf pan(s) into oven and bake for 45-50 minutes
6) Let cool in pans before removing and slicing.



No comments:

Post a Comment